1. Make sure to use the appropriate tools when uninstalling a battery.
2. Always remove the negative terminal first and then the positive terminal. Also remove the battery strap.
3. Check that the battery tray is in good condition and clean the terminals with water and baking soda in case they suffered corrosion. Be careful to not scratch the terminals.
4. Clean the straps bolts and nuts, and examine that the cables and connectors are in good condition.
5. When choosing a new battery, select one designed for your vehicle type (see our Product Finder).
6. When installing the new battery, first connect the positive battery cable (red) to the positive battery terminal (+), and then the negative battery cable (black) to the negative battery terminal (-).
7. Check all connections of the charging system and adjust them if necessary: battery terminals, alternator terminals, regulator; as well as the ignition system connections.